This event is intended as an open sew day for our First City Friends to work on their projects. This is not a class so no instructor is overseeing the event. Participants have access to our staff to troubleshoot and help as needed.
Pre-registration required. Email info@firstcityquilts for availability. Please familiarize yourself with our workspace rules and policies below.
- Please practice general politeness and refrain from using profanity and inappropriate talk
- When using your cell phone, please step away from the workspace to take calls
- Children are not allowed in the workspace unless they are attending a children's class or special arrangements have been made (ie. nursing mothers).
- Others may have allergies, please refrain from wearing heavy perfumes, lotions or sprays
- Covered beverages and snacks are allowed - there is a mini fridge and microwave available for your use. Please dispose of trash appropriately.
- Please allow time to tidy your work area before departing. Start and end times are clearly stated and enforced.
- Any questions or concerns, please ask staff or teacher.
- Our workspace has become a temporary haven for quilters to get away from daily stresses and enjoy their love of quilting together, please respect the classroom and your fellow quilters.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Do not register or attend a sew day if you are sick or have been sick within the past 10 days. Please be mindful of others and stay home if you do not feel well.
- It is your responsibility to socially distance yourself from those around you. Workspace attendance is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Our workspace and high touch areas are cleaned and disinfected prior to each group attending.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available in the workspace and breakroom for your use.
Upon attending a class/sew day event hosted by First City Quilts LLC, I acknowledge the following: I agree to release and hold harmless First City Quilts LLC from any and all claims or liability related to any accident or illness that may arise as a result of my participation in this event. I understand that sewing includes the use of machines, needles, scissors and other tools. These activities include risks that can cause or lead to injury. I grant permission to operate machines and to use tools and equipment. I understand and acknowledge that if I leave personal property, I do so at my own risk, and will not hold First City Quilts LLC responsible or liable for any lost or stolen property. I give permission for first aid and/or medical treatment to be given if the need arises.
PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: I grant to First City Quilts LLC, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me in connection with sewing classes/sew days events. I authorize First City Quilts LLC its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that First City Quilts LLC may use such photographs of me for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. I have read and understand the above.
EVENT REFUNDS & WITHDRAWAL POLICY: You may withdraw from a class/sew day event up to 3 (three) business days prior to the start date to receive a full refund or store credit. Request to withdraw from event must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before event. After that time, no refunds will be issued. First City Quilts LLC reserves the right to suspend a participant in an event due to inappropriate behavior at any time. No refunds will be given for any participant who has been suspended from a program. There are NO refunds or credits for student absences.
CLASS/SEW DAY EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY: Events are cancelled if Leavenworth and/or Lansing Schools have closed or have early dismissal due to weather. Notification via email will be attempted but not guaranteed if a event is cancelled due to poor weather conditions. Efforts will be made to make-up weather cancelled events but are not guaranteed. Make ups are not guaranteed. Refunds will not be offered due to a participant’s inability to partake in missed make-up sessions. Refunds or event make-ups are not guaranteed due to a participant’s illness or any other reason and are offered at the discretion of First City Quilts LLC and instructor. No make-up days for Sew Day events.